Badge of the Society of the Universal
Assistance to Victims of the War and Their Families
Gold, silver and enamel
The Society of Universal Assistance for Victims of War and Their Relations was
established in 1881, and the badge was instituted on 5 May 1913.
This badge belonged to Emperor Nicholas II and was displayed in one of the rooms of
the Winter Palace, together with other items from Nicholas II's numismatic collection.
On the reverse are the mark of the artist Alfred Thilemann and the hallmark 56.